1 Jan 2009

Happy New Year!


Today is January 1st 2009, and, like many others, I am looking forward to seeing what the new year has in store for me. Hopefully some adventure and a bunch of great experiences with, for example, taking photos.

I find the above picture quite fitting for this first day of 2009, as it demonstrates a cosy tradition that I and a bunch of other Europeans follow each January 1st, namely the ski jumping competition in Garmish-Partenkirchen in Germany. The photo is a shot of the tv screen, which is why it is somewhat blurry, but I actually find that it makes for quite an interesting effect. The blurred people in the background show the movement of the skier in front, although he is not completely in focus either. This, however, in my opinion at least, actually gives the photo a kind of artistic feel that I quite like.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment