17 Nov 2008

Sky in flames

First of all, welcome to my new blog, which is kind of an experiment of mine. Here I will be showing you some of the photographs, which I love taking. I have a passion for expressing myself through artwork and photography and have long had a wish to share my pictures with others. Therefore, I decided to launch this blog solely dedicated to be a photo-creative channel of expression, accompanied by my thoughts and associations around the subject.

The photo I chose for my first post is taken in a city in Denmark called Aarhus. It made me think of a song by the Danish band Gnags called 'Lav Sol Over Aarhus', which translates into 'low sun over Aarhus.

It is taken on a perfectly ordinary, but cold, clear and beautiful afternoon, when the sky suddenly broke out in flames! Sunsets are often beautiful and the subject of many a picture around the globe, however, this time I really felt it was spectacular! Whether it was my good mood that day or the sunset in itself, it truly left me breathless and in a hurry to dig out my camera from my backpack in order not to miss the opportunity to immortalize that exact sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment